Cathy provides counseling to individuals, couples and groups in the Metro-Denver area. She also speaks regularly on the topics of trauma, brain injury, and emotional intelligence.
Counseling specialties include:
- Trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD);
- Neurological challenges: Brain injury (TBI) and Multiple Sclerosis;
- Issues related to the Highly Sensitive Person (HSP);
- Anxiety and depression.
Cathy uses a variety of techniques to help clients, including:
- Somatic Therapy - Somatic or Body Oriented Psychotherapy, encourages the “communication” of experience between the mind and the body, allowing greater understanding of the issues and enabling sustainable movement towards greater health and wellbeing.
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy - Sensorimotor Psychotherapy is a body-oriented talking therapy that integrates verbal techniques with body-centered interventions in the treatment of trauma, attachment, and developmental issues.
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) - EMDR is an integrative psychotherapy approach that has been extensively researched and proven effective for the treatment of trauma.